GUI for a logged-in user (one with "Admin" privileges) to make changes to columns within a table?

Once data is entered in a table, it may need to be edited or deleted. I understand how to do this by editing the application. I’d like an Admin user to be able to make these changes via a simple interface within Boundless.

A seemingly related question: how can an admin add data that becomes the source of a dropdown menu in a Select box. Happy to start a separate discussion for this one.

Hi @ruphus - There are two ways to do this:

1. All records can be updated via the tables view in Boundless itself
  2. If this user can only update some records and you don’t want them to be able to update the site itself you can make a page in Boundless (e.g. /admin-dashboard) require login and add an additional restriction:

You can add a single option select field to the users table of role, or a boolean field of Admin and then set the restriction accordingly.

Any forms you place on these pages with restrictions will also be restricted thus you can make a form that only the admin user will be able to update.

With regards to the source of a dropdown. The short version is you add a from field for a select - pick an association and then select the label to use (e.g. name). You could then add a form for this associated table behind a similarly restricted page and then only the admins will be able to add options to the dropdown. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

1 Like

You could then add a form for this associated table behind a similarly restricted page and then only the admins will be able to add options to the dropdown.

I understand how this form would allow additions to the dropdown. How would it manage edits or deletions?

You can manage edits and deletes via the same mechanism - you can set the form button to delete a record.