Request for features

I should start this by saying that the platform you guys built is already super powerful and so great to use. And I assume some of these are possible one day but not priorities right now.

Either way I thought I would start a features wish list as you continue to expand the platform’s capabilities:

• Expandable desktop header (expands downwards when clicked)

• Hamburger nav icon for desktop

• Device-specific header and footer variants

• Formatting abilities for multiple line field (IE: make paragraphs instead of one large text block)

• Search bar placed in header

• Search bar able to be separated from record list but still filters list

• Google Maps integration with multiple locations / data points

• Forms in header (IE: sticky signup form)

• Password reset feature

• Image carousels

More to come as I continue to build :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for this @Andrew :grinning:
We’ll keep this stuff in mind as we prioritize our efforts. Can I ask for clarification for some of these things?

Expandable desktop header
Hamburger nav icon for desktop

Basically you want to be able to add more links to the header right?

Formatting abilities for multiple line field

Have you tried “Multiple line rich text” fields for this? Or you want to only have line breaks / paragraphs and not the rest of the rich text controls? I know that line breaks in “Multiple line rich text” fields get rendered as spaces (thanks html!). This has bothered me personally, I’ll make sure we get this improved in the near-term.

Google Maps integration with multiple locations / data points

You can currently put a map in a card list and have it render all the currently-shown results. I just polished this recently actually, I think it’s pretty cool. I’ll be adding location-based search soon too :grinning:

Image carousels

This is technically possible right now, but the way to do it is awkward (you have to do it with record lists, which you can configure to render as a carousel). We’ve talked about ways to offer first-class carousels and I imagine that effort will be prioritized in the near-to-mid-term :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Basically you want to be able to add more links to the header right?

More links, but have the nav be able to expand to fill more of the screen on both desktop and mobile.

Desktop with hamburger nav example

And then check out the same site on mobile, and the header takes over the whole screen when clicked.

Have you tried “Multiple line rich text” fields for this? Or you want to only have line breaks / paragraphs and not the rest of the rich text controls? I know that line breaks in “Multiple line rich text” fields get rendered as spaces (thanks html!). This has bothered me personally, I’ll make sure we get this improved in the near-term.

I’m not too familiar with rich text controls but I’ll give it a go. Basically want the ability to write out paragraphs like a document, so sounds like that will work.

You can currently put a map in a card list and have it render all the currently-shown results. I just polished this recently actually, I think it’s pretty cool. I’ll be adding location-based search soon too

Excellent news! By currently-shown results, do you mean with a filter applied via the record table?

1 Like

By currently-shown results, do you mean with a filter applied

Yeah, that the records shown in the record list will have a pin on the map (eg, with any filters, user search, and current page in a paginated list). Drag the map into the record list and for Location Source choose “From Data” and specify the location field in your model.

I should post a “Tips & Tricks” about it here in the community forums :smile:

I’d also love to see a ‘password reset’ feature.

1 Like

@earseneau yes ‘password reset’ is an important feature and we will be looking to get that done sooner rather than later

1 Like

@Steve I thought of a workaround in the meantime and am curious to hear your thoughts if this is doable:

1. Create a password reset page with a form where a user inputs their email.
  2. Form submission sends email to whoever runs the site (me).
  3. I manually change their password in the user table.
  4. Send them an email with the new password and a link to a new login page.
  5. New login page takes user to another password reset page with edit record form linked to user table and field for password.
  6. User inputs the new password which edits the field, and we’re done.

It’s not pretty but maybe could work in the interim. I put a test form on a page and I can have the password field as an input. Would this work or are there restrictions on editing user data?

1 Like

Awesome idea @Andrew I love it! Totally a good workaround for the time being! :grin:

Exactly what I tried building last night. I had troubles developing step 5.

1 Like