Tips for adding Auction functionality to a marketplace

hi!
i just started using boundless after having some experience with bubble and i really like it so far :slight_smile:

right now, i’m trying to build a marketplace that allows bids/auctions… i’m using the ninerrr template for service marketplaces and assume it should be pretty simple to add the functionality feature, but i’m not sure how to start :slight_smile: any tips or tutorials?

i also would like to take a % of the selling price instead of a $x service fee like is suggested in the teplate, any tips for that?

thank you!
fabian

1 Like

Hello @therealfabian and welcome to the Boundless community forums! :tada: We’re glad you’re here. :smile:

just started using boundless … really like it so far

Thanks! We aim to please :grin:

using the ninerrr template for service marketplaces and assume it should be pretty simple to add the functionality

This sounds reasonable to me.

I think I’d start by adding a Bids table. Assuming you’re still dealing with services provided by Users, I think you’d want Bids to have a Service they’re bidding on, and the User who provides the service would get to accept the bid or turn it down.

If you want a % of the selling price instead of a fixed service fee, you can update the formula for Total Price to be Price + Price*%, like this (here 0.1 represents a 10% fee):

Of course this would be on the Bids table I guess :thinking:

We’re around to help if you’d like to chat next time you’re working on this, shoot us a message using the chat icon in the bottom right-hand of the screen!